Family health and wellness for families with special needs
• How to find a dentist that you can work with and is understanding of the specific issues that certain types of special needs patients have and the dental care that they are likely to need
• Chiropractic care has seen a sharp increase over the last couple of years. Although there are many reasons why people seek out a chiropractor, most of them are simply looking for an alternative means to solve their problems instead of prescription drugs.
• Recent scientific studies using CBD-rich cannibis as a treatment for epilepsy in childhood show CBD-rich cannabis may be the key to a treatment that produces no short-term side effects like those found in some of the mind-numbing medications on the market today.
• The family health care team includes parents and caregivers, and a group of health care professionals, each providing services depending on the client's needs, such as occupational therapy, physical therapy, social work, speech therapy, recreational therapy, medical, nutrition, nursing and other specialists.
•All children can benefit from appropriate sensory experiences. For children who have sensory integration disorder, the world can be a scary and challenging place. Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), sometimes referred to as Sensory Integration Disorder affects approximately 5% of the school age population. Children with SPD may have difficulty learning and performing everyday activities including: eating, dressing, receiving a hug, or sliding down a slide. These children have an inability to correctly interpret sensory information that our bodies receive through touch, taste, smell, seeing and hearing.
• Making music can enrich a special needs child's life in many wonderful ways. Dozens of new studies on the developing brain show dramatic lifelong improvements in language, math, spatial skills, coordination, memory and motor skills by learning to make music.
• Recreation therapy helps children with developmental disabilities to expand physical and cognitive capabilities while participating in recreational activities. Recreation therapy is specifically designed to allow children to partake in leisure pursuits by eliminating roadblocks that impede the pursuit of sports, arts, crafts, games and other life-enhancing activities.
•Collecting family recipes represents more than delicious food ideas. They can reflect bygone eras and become a legacy from past generations.
• To provide, your child with the most stimulating environment possible, it's important to understand speech-sound disorders. With this knowledge and speech therapy, you will be able to find the best ways to help your child learn.
• Health comes from a balance of work, play and leisure. In balance, they renew energy to meet daily challenges, promote satisfaction in life, and bring a sense of well-being.
•Music therapy can help children on their journey of self-growth and understanding and can be an effective intervention tool for persons with disabilties. Music is effective because it is nonverbal communication, a natural reinforcer, immediate in time, and successful because almost everyone responds positively to some kind of music.
•Motherhood and maternity - there is no more magical moment than when a newborn baby is laid in a mother's arms. What was for many months a dream and a mystery is now a miraculous new person. Health care for Women
•Childhood is often thought of as being one of the happiest times in a person's life - a time where a carefree attitude and a worry-free life provide the environment in which a child grows and develops. For youngsters with childhood disorders, however, this isn't always the case.
•Everyone is looking for a diet that is going to help them be successful in improving their health. Let's review the essential of a healthy diet that is heart-healthy and can help decrease the risk of many diseases by incorporating healthy eating habits into your family life.
• Ingredents for healthy family nutrition include vegetables and fruits, grains, dairy, and meats or nuts. These four main food groups will provide a healthy diet and the bulk of nutritional needs for a family.
• A food allergy is an immune system response to a food that the body perceives as harmful. Although an individual could be allergic to any food, such as fruits, vegetables, and meats, there are eight foods that account for 90% of all food allergies.
•Health-fitness explains the importance of a balanced fitness program and how to modify existing fitness programs to enable parents and children with disabilities to participate.
• Family pet care - Pets bring acceptance and love. Pets don't care how we look or even how we act; they love us unconditionally. Pets pay little attention to age or physical ability, but accept people as they are. For people who are in difficult life situations, pets can be of special benefit, as pets can offer entertainment, purpose, comfort and distraction from pain and infirmity.
• Are you having trouble finding effective ways to overcome your fears and anxieties. When your fears and depression have the best of you, it is easy to feel that things will not get any better. The best treatment to overcome your persistent fears is to find those coping skills that effectively manage the fear.
•Support groups are made up of people with common interests and experiences. People who have been through, or are going through, a similar circumstance can do more than sympathize with you — they can relate to what you are going through and keep you from feeling like you are alone.
•Bullying is an issue of great concern for both parents and children in today's society. It is not, as some would say, "normal behavior" or "the right of passage". In American schools and communities bullying has reached epidemic proportions. Its devastating scars affect the lives of children for years to come. Today, many children and adults are being taught self defense.
• The creative process of making of arts and crafts is both healing and family life enhancing. Arts and crafts for children allows for emotional expression and healing through nonverbal means.
•Coloring Therapy uses the activity of coloring as a self help medium. While coloring (with felt tipped markers, colored pens, pencils, etc) a state of consciousness similar to meditation occurs.
•Self actualization manifests qualities such as independence, autonomy, an ability to resist outside pressures and a general transcendence of the environment rather than simply coping with it.